This morning, during my morning check in with Facebook, I saw a video of myself and some girlfriends playing MadGab. In spite of the embarrassing facial expressions, bitterness, and almost-cursing, I was most embarrassed that I was wearing my same hairstyle.

I have had the same hairstyle for as long as I can remember getting my hair-flat ironed, probably four years now. My hair has always been shoulder length and bumped under. I have never done anything new to it because I didn't learn to do my hair growing up. I kept it the same because I was trying to grow it out. Lately, it was because I did not know what else to do with it.

However, upon seeing that video, I knew I had to do something. I needed to do something new.

I then vowed to do something different with my hair everyday. As a part of the Hairlista community, I knew it could not use heat or cause too much damage to my hair. So I spent the morning (and a good part of work) looking for short/medium length hairstyles.

This is a blog of what I found. This is my journey.


This entry was posted on 10:24 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: